Do you have a project that could benefit from a fiscal sponsorship? Here is the process and timeline of how to set up a fiscal sponsorship program with Legacy.Fiscal sponsorships are a great way to get things going for your project that is awaiting a 501(c)3 status. If you believe that your project would be a great fit for a fiscal sponsorship then please reach out to Kale on our team (firstname.lastname@example.org). Kale is in charge of setting up new fiscal sponsorships at Legacy. Once you've reached out to Kale she'll send you a proposal packet that you can fill out that asks for basic information about your project.
- The proposal packet asks questions such as what is your mission statement? Who are your council members for your project? What are your charitable goals for your project?
*Please note that you do not have to know everything all at once when filling out the proposal packet. Kale is more than happy to help answer and give direction as to what your project needs may be if you need that guidance/clarification. This can all be addressed during the onboarding call, which is the next step of the process.
- Once you've received your proposal packet and are working to get it filled out, or already have it filled out before the onboarding call, Kale will schedule an onboarding call with you to help answer questions you might have, and she'll also ask some additional get-to-know-you type questions so that we can ensure Legacy is a great fit for your project.
- Next, Kale will send Council Member Profiles to each council member on your project to be filled out and signed. The Council Member Profiles ask more background questions regarding their nonprofit backgrounds, profession, fundraising experience, etc. Every council member must fill out a council member profile.
*Council members can be added to your project at any time.
- The Fund Agreement is the last of the paperwork in setting up a fiscal sponsorship (Yay!) The agreement will discuss policies and procedures, as well as what percentage rate the fund will pay yearly.
- Once all of the paperwork is completed and signed, Kale will send out wire instructions so that your project can start receiving funds and moving forward.
If you have more questions regarding fiscal sponsorships, check out this knowledge base article that answers the question: What is a Fiscal Sponsorship?
If you would like to contact our team directly you can:
- Click on the chat bubble icon on the bottom right-hand side of your screen. Our team responds quickly to the instant chats that come via the chat bubble
- Email our team at email@example.com
- Give us a call at 602-704-2000